Monday, September 19, 2011

Thoughts.......according to Nick

The other day Nick and I were in the car when he asked me if I knew how to say Hello in Chinese.  My first thought was Wow, what are they teaching kids in Kindergarten these days.  I told Nick that I didn't know what the Hello greeting was in China.  A big smile broke across his face as he confidently said.........."Buenos Dias."  I laughed out loud.  I told him that was the Hello greeting in Spanish!  Ha.  The funny thing was we were driving to Jay's football game and when we arrived I shared the funny story with Mike and our friend, Ryan Neal.  Ryan travels to China and knew what the Hello greeting was so Nick learned the proper way to say Hello in China. 
During the rest of our trip (Yes, it was a long drive to this particular football game) Nick asked me if I thought there were stuffed animals in heaven.  I told him that I thought there were.  I started telling Nick about the story I just read Jay, "Heaven is for Real."  It's about a 4 year old boy who goes to heaven for a brief time and then months later shares little snipets of his experience with his parents.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.  Nick pondered what I was telling him and after a minute or so he asked me, "Mom, how did that boy get home from heaven?"  I was honest and told Nick I didn't know the answer to that so Nick and his imagination said, "I know,  I bet Jesus sent him back with a parachute!"  I love Nick and his 5 year innocence. 

2 comments:

Steph said...

OMGosh! That is adorable!! And I read Heaven is for Real this summer and LOVED IT!!!!! Great book. I love that you read it to Jay too!!! Nick is hilarious. :) and isn't it Konechiwa or something?? bahaha! No idea on the spelling of that one!

Nathan and Megan said...

PI love love this post. I finished that book this week and thought it was sooo good!!