Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Labor Day weekend

Once school was out on Friday it was all smiles for our Labor Day weekend.  We didn't have any big plans but we were all happy to have an extra day off from work and school and also not have any football or soccer practice on Monday night.
Last weekend our washer died and we had to purchase a new one.  Mike brought it home on Thursday night and I'm always amazed at the entertainment it provides.  My boys made a bed/fort out of it and when they weren't outside playing they were in that box.  It just never gets old for them.
On Saturday Jay had a football scrimmage.  I took this picture because Mike is the guy in yellow holding the big orange thing (see how much I know about football?).  It made me laugh b/c Mike really doesn't know that much about football.  He knows enough to watch his son play football but seeing him on the field just made me laugh.
On Monday we all gathered at my mom's for the Labor Day Parade and then we had lunch - all provided by mom!  It was nice to spend time with my family and nice that mom made lunch for us - yummy!
Here is all four of the kiddos! 
                                                                                      Nick and Lukie!

What I didn't have a picture of - which I should have as proof that I did it - was we all (all 4 of us) worked 4 1/2 hours on Sunday splitting wood for the winter.  It was a JOB!  I used muscles I haven't used in years and let me tell you, I can feel it today but it was a good sense of accomplishment and now we have plenty of wood for fires in our fireplace this winter.

No comments: