Thursday, September 22, 2011

On my mind

I so wanted a picture of Jay and his football buddies and this is what I got - notice my son right in the middle.  Really Jay?  Geez!
Here are the boys before school this week.  I absolutely love our slower mornings and taking the boys to school.  If I haven't mentioned it before I love working from home and I love my new job.  I can now officially say that since I'm several months into it.  I have to say I thought there were would things I would miss about working in an office but Yeah, I don't.  I miss some of my closest friends but I still stay in regular contact with them.  Overall it was one of the best decisions I ever made - next to going to Parkland College, marrying Mike, moving to Spin Lake, having the boys and accepting this job, all in that order - ha! 
I did have something I wanted to write about tonight but it doesn't really go along with anything I wrote above or the pictures but who cares, right?  I am always trying to learn from other people and last weekend I was impressed with one of the parents of a kid on Jay's football team.  First let me say this particular boy is an awesome football player.  I'm not kididng, this kid is incredible.  He makes touch down after touch down.  Mike affectionately calls him "the go cart" because he's so little and fast and can find the "hole" and race through it.  Last Saturday this boy made several touch downs everytime he scored all of us parents would go on and on about how good this kid was.  Our friend, Ryan, finally said Yeah, well his dad is sitting right in front of you guys.  Mike and I introduced ourselves to the dad and again complimented his son on his amazing abiities to run the ball.  This father was so humble.  He never went on and on but accepted our compliment and simply said he didn't know where his son got his abilities or his love of football because he hadn't gotten it from him.  But never once did you hear this dad scream or act obnxious.  I must admit when Jay gets the ball you can hear me yelling from the stands.........."Run Jay, Run!!!"  I'm not screaming "That's my boy" or anything but you can hear me.  I just thought this dad was really cool.  He was simply at that football game to enjoy watching his son play a game he clearly loves.

No comments: