Friday, September 16, 2011

Fears

My mother in law gave me the idea for this blog so I really hope she does not care that I'm writing about her.  One of the best things about my mother in law is she makes me laugh so by writing this it's meant all in good fun.  Before I start sharing about my mother in law's biggest fears, first let me share mine.  I am PETRIFIED of elevators!!!  I avoid them at all costs.  There are times when I simply can't avoid them - like when I go to a big hotel in a big city and I'm on the 15th floor.  But let me just say, if I can avoid elevators, I do.  When my sister had Lauren at 28 weeks my mom and I frantically drove to the hospital and as my mom started to walk into the dark, smelly and creepy parking garage elevator I refused to get on it.  Instead I made my 57 year old mother with bad knees who was desperate to see her daughter walk the stairs.  Okay, so that's my fear.  My mother in law is scared to death of taking a trip with my father in law and having him die on her during the trip and her having to find her way back home.  I need to add that my father in law is perfectly healthy.  Anyway, my in laws are retired and have an R.V. they take trips so this can really cause my mother in law a lot of anxiety.  Several weeks ago she called me, a little frantic, I might add.  She reported that they were getting ready to take a trip to Mouth Rushmore.  I told her that was great and wished them a safe trip.  There was one problem (the usual one), Linda made me promise that if John died during the trip Mike and I would come get her.  She even said she would pay for our airfare and even contribute $1000 for our time.  Mike' response......$1000 can't buy anything and she has a G.P.S, she can get home with that just fine.  Mike only says that to get his mother more hysterical.  I assured her that if John died mid-trip Mike or I would come find her and safely bring her home, no worries. Thankfully my in laws are back - Alive - from their trip.  I guess all of us have some crazy fears but thankfully we all have family who show us they love us despite them.

No comments: