Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Information overload - I think not!

I've joked several times in my blog that giving birth to Jay was easier than getting information out of him.  I picked Jay and Nick up from school tonight and I was waiting outside with several other moms when Jay appeared.  My first instinct - no matter how annoying it may be to my sons - is to ask how their day is.  I get the same response everyday from Jay, "Good."  Nothing more, nothing less just good.  I mean really how can his day just be good everyday?  Some days and I'll get a lift in his voice and I'll know his day was better than good but he'll still just give me the typical good.  When I asked Nick how his day at Kindergarten was I'm getting almost the same response but he's tweeked it just a bit.  When I asked him what he did at school today he replied, "nothing."  When I asked him what he learned at school he replied, "nothing."  So I said......."If I call Mrs. B. she is going to tell me she did nothing with her Kindergarteners today?"  Nick's face broke into a smile and he said, "Well we did something."  And that's about all I got from him.  Oh boys!!!

No comments: