Thursday, September 29, 2011

Copper...........the dog

For years Jay has begged us for a dog.  Jay is a dog/animal lover but we resisted getting a dog for several reasons.  Mike does have allergies and we knew if we ever got a dog we'd have to do some research and find a dog that didn't shed.....much.  Plus with our long commutes to work, we knew having a dog "kooked" up all day really wouldn't be fair to the dog.  That problem got solved when I started working from home so I carefully broached the subject with Mike again and he agreed.  I did not tell Jay his dad and I had been discussing this but right about the time we were he started in on his dog talk again.  You can imagine how over the moon Jay was when we finally told him we'd get a dog.  We researched and decided a Vizsla dog would be the right fit for our family.  The other night the boys and I and my mom went out to a breeders house and got to meet the dogs.  We all fell in love with them.  The momma dog is suppose to get pregnant in December which would mean her pups would be born in February and we would take our puppy home in late March or early April which is perfect for us because we wanted to train a puppy in the spring vs. the winter.  My mom had commented that the dogs are such a pretty color, kind of a red brickish color so I came up with the name Copper and the boys loved it so Copper it is.  I figure that name would fit a girl or boy puppy! 

No comments: