Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lunch privledges reinstated

Not long ago I blogged about getting my feelings hurt by my older son because apparenly I embarass him at school.  I'll admit my feelings were hurt and I spent a week or so licking my wounds and then I moved forward and gave him some space.  Since we've entered a new school year and Nick is in kindergarten I've had lunch with Nick and he actually enjoys my company and the fact that I conversate with his lunch buddies.  So I was half joking the other day when I asked Jay if he would consider reinstating my lunch privledges.......to have lunch with him and his friends again.  He hesitated but only for a second and said he would be happy to have me back but there was a condition, I could not embarass him.  I can tell you exactly what this translates to in Jay's mind..........Be quiet, don't talk to my friends and bring cookies.  I have this picture in my mind of me entering Jay's school with duct tape over my mouth and standing at the entry way of the lunch room throwing bakery cookies like a football to Jay and his friends....each one of his friends catching their delicious cookie and complimenting Jay on what a cool mom he has.....one that keeps her comments to herself and brings cookies.  I'll be the envy of all the 4th grade boys!!!!

No comments: