Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Recap - in pictures

We spent last New Year's eve with our dear friends, the Ausili's! We are so blessed to have them as friends!
In January, me, Jenny, Leta and Sarah went to see Brad P! It was a fabulous concert.

Jay finally got a 4 wheeler. He was one happy 8 year old. Unfortunately as I write this, his 4 wheeler ran for 3 weeks and then broke down. It's been broke down for longer than he's had the darn thing. Ugh! We are waiting on a part that is back ordered.


In June, me, my mom, my sister met up with Kathy and Tracy. Kim and I spent our childhood with Tracy and her sister, Lindsay. Lindsay couldn't make it but Kim and I and Tracy picked up right where we left off and laughed like school girls. Other big news in June: Kim announced she was expecting!

More good times with the Ausili's. We went to TN and had a ball!

In August we visited my college roomie, Mary and her boyfriend, John. I told Mary that evening I knew this was the guy she was meant to marry. On Dec. 19, 2010 John and Mary got married (just the 2 of them) in Hawaii!

Jay played tackle football and found his passion. He loved it and we loved watching him. I really enjoyed watching him play from a physical aspect but he also matured, he learned how to play as a team! Looking back, Mike and I agree that during the time Jay played football he was truly at his best. It's just like I've always said about Mike......Mike is at his best when he has a lot of balls in the air to juggle. Strange but so true.

Truly one of my best moments and I'm serious. The year I dressed up as a giraffe for my 4 year old little boy will go down as one of my heartfelt mothering moments. Nick loved it and I had so much fun dressing up with him.

A scene I saw often during 2010, Mike and Jay working on homework at the breakfast bar. Jay would not be where he is school wise, if it weren't for Mike. Mike worked with Jay consistently everyday with patience in his actions and kindness in his words.

The beautiful scene we woke up to on xmas day. Truly, a winter wonderland.
Things to look forward to in 2011:
*Jay' 9th birthday
*My nephew, Luke, will be born in March
*Nick's 5th birthday which means kindergarten in the fall
*My mom RETIRES in May

1 comment:

Katie said...

I finally got your blog added on my blog list. :) I figure now that we've met in person a few times it's not up to stalker caliber. Ha! Love your year in review. Those giraffe costumes were awesome.