Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter beauty blahs

This time of year is brutal on my body and I tend to notice all of my "problem areas" more (Remember the "great" idea of my neck slimmer last year, we all see how well that worked out for me). I try really hard not to gain weight during the winter but I find it much easier to maintain my weight during the summer. Getting outside and taking a walk is much more enjoyable than battling the weather and getting to the gym or working out in my cold basement. The other day a co-worker of mine said she was spending her evening trying on her summer clothes for an upcoming trip she was taking. Lucky her for the trip but we all agreed that summer clothes is not something any of us are ready for. Just the other day I was in a dressing room, trying on a pair of jeans. I was in a room with one of those 3-way mirrors. Really, is there anything worse than one of those things? I look around and notice my black roots first and make a mental note to myself to schedule my highlighting appointment ASAP, then my eyes go down a little and I see my pastey, cellulite legs - which haven't seen a good moisturzer in quite awhile - and I think to myself, "And Mike sees this everyday, poor man!" I always say that moisturized, tanned cellulite is better than pastey white, dried up cellulite. And let's not forget the "ring" everyone gets around their ankles from the socks they wear during the cold, winter months. I don't know how everyone else feels but I'll be glad when spring arrives and I can expose my legs to the sun and get out and move my body!!! Until then I'll be avoiding all 3-way mirrors.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha I couldn't have said it better myself! I was at Kohl's trying on a bunch of clothes the other night with one of those 3 way mirrors and was literally HORRIFIED!!! The lighting in there makes it 10 times worse, too! So garish and awful! It accentuates every bad area. I am with you on the tan cellulite. I plan to start tanning next week since we have our March vacay coming up and I am so butt white it will take that long for me to be "off white." :) I have two problems: a) I really like FOOD! and b) I really dislike EXERCIZE!!!! Not a good combo.

Katie said...

PS Okay this made me laugh out loud: you know how blogger asks you to verify a nonsense word in order to post a comment? After typing the above, I got the word: "scari." BAHAHHAA!

Steph said...

hahaha! I TOTALLY agree.
1) I have my hair appt. Tuesday and it can't come soon enough!
2) My skin, eyes and hair are D.R.Y. and my face keeps breaking out!
I can't wait for summer!