Friday, December 28, 2012

After Christmas blahs

So here I am 3 days after Christmas and I'm starting to get a bit of the crazies and my children are turning into video game zombies.  Seriously, I've never seen anything like it from my boys.  Jay is obsessed with his Kindle and has hardly come up for air.  Nick has been using Jay's Ipod touch and has played on it but he doesn't hold a candle to Jay and his Kindle.  I finally put the games away this morning and turned off the TV.  The boys read a book (what a concept), cleaned their rooms, got dressed in regular clothes and brushed their teeth.  Since I work from home I can manage my day quite well between the boys and work but I have to say and this is the only time you will ever see this in writing from me - EVER - I would welcome walking into an office for just today and today only.  An opportunity to be around other adults and get out of my house for just one day would be quite nice.  I should not complain because the boys have been really good.  The fighting has been minimal and they aren't begging to be outside every 10 minutes (which makes it difficult for me when I'm trying to work).  We've all just been really, really lazy and I suppose the way to look at it is we are lazy so few times that what does it hurt to be lazy slugs over break?  Part of being lazy with me anyway also equates to feeling really, really fat.  Ugh!  I've also been feeling a little under the weather so I have no motivation to do anything.  I am starting to feel like Jaba The Hut from Star Wars!

No comments: