Saturday, December 8, 2012

Skillet cookies.....for breakfast


I will not get a mother of the day award today in terms of what I served my children for breakfast.  Yesterday the advent said we would make skillet cookies and watch "The Polar Express."  Mike was out of town on business so I figured it would be the perfect night.  But yesterday afternoon I received a dire phone call from a dear friend who desperately needed my help.  I ended up having her 3 boys until about 8:30 p.m. last night.  Jay (more so than Nick) was disappointed we didn't get to make the skillet cookies last night.  Using everything as a teachable moment (Jay "loves" this about me) I pointed out to Jay that as Christians God calls us to help others and our friends needed us last night.  He acknowledged the truth in that (mission accomplished) and I said we'd make skillet cookies for breakfast which delighted both boys.  After all what child doesn't like having pure sugar for breakfast?  Ha!  As I'm blogging the boys have inhaled their skillet cookies and they are happily watching "The Polar Express" so maybe (just maybe) I should give myself a mommy award today.  LOL!

No comments: