Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Musical Program

Today was the Christmas program at school and as usual it did not disappoint.  This year was a bit different, however.  As we entered the school a deputy was at the front of the school and as we entered the gymnasium a police officer was there to greet us.  What a changed world we now live in since Dec. 14. My heart ached for the people in Newtown, CT as I watched all the children sing today.  A Christmas program at school is a normal event that is simply not normal for their community at this time as their hearts are breaking.  This was Jay's last year at his elementary school.  I have enjoyed going to this program every year and I will miss seeing Jay next year but for this year I sure enjoyed both my boys.  Unfortunately we did not get any pictures of Jay because he was just too hard to see and too far away.  
Notice Nick's shirt.  It reads, "Dear Santa, I can explain."  Very appropriate for Nick!  

No comments: