Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

What a wonderful Christmas day we had!  The boys got up around 7:00.  We opened presents and I baked our usual Christmas breakfast - a cinnamon butter braid - yummy!  Santa left Copper a new electric/heated bed.  Jay was quick to point out that same bed was at Big R.  So the secret is out.  Jay officially told me today he knows who "Santa" is.  I told him to keep the secret for his brother.  Santa brought both boys air gun rifles - a big hit.  As far as mom and dad go, we got the boys chest waders (another big hit).  Jay got a Kindle and can I just say I want a Kindle!  Nick got a new V-tech laptop.  I have two happy, happy boys tonight.  
This was Nick first thing this morning.  He was full of it this Christmas.  Don't let his innocent morning look fool you.  You can tell by the look in his eyes he is plotting and scheming. 
Chest waders!
Mike lit a fire which has kept this house toasty warm all day - so nice.  He baked a delicious prime rib for lunch.  We enjoyed wine, prime rib, potatoes and wonderful dessert.  
Mike's parents came over as they do every year.  It was truly a lovely day - nice and relaxing.  My father in law summed it up perfectly, "A great day with great food and great company."  My in-laws, Mike and I played cards after lunch and then John, Mike and I played Sorry with Nick.  It was a rather painful game of Sorry but it made Nick happy. 
This picture sums up our relaxing afternoon except for one thing, notice Nick in the background.  The look on his face explains perfectly how wound he was this Christmas.  I love the boy but seriously he was more than I could take.  Ha.  My mother in law had been sick but was finally well for Christmas.  She was still a bit run down so after lunch she curled up in the chair with the dog and a glass of wine.  Nick had to make his presence known in the background.  
This really sums up how my boys spent their day.  Neither one of them got out of their jammies and come to think of it, they didn't brush their teeth.  Gross!  They just relaxed with their new toys all day.  Jay loves his Kindle and found an app where he can make forts.  He's spent the day building forts on his Kindle.  His buddy, Aaron, called him this afternoon and they both had to talk about their Kindles and fort building.  Mike and I both noticed this morning that this Christmas was different.  Both boys are just more capable.  For example, Jay got his Kindle out and got it all set up.  Nick got his Lego kit out and started it with very little assistance from Mike or I.  I remember Christmas pasts where Mike would be up to his eye balls putting toys together, putting batteries in and trying to break those toys lose from those pesky cardboard boxes.  In the Siebert house we have evolved and I welcome it!  
Nick finished his day in front of the fire playing with his new V-tech laptop.  No plotting or scheming here, just the sweet 6 year old boy we all know and love!  

No comments: