Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our very busy but fun weekend

This blog may be picture overload but I had a lot of pictures to share from our weekend.  On Friday night my mom generously sprung for a limo so our family could enjoy the lights.  The kids loved it - even Luke.  By the end of the drive Luke was pointing at the lights out the window and dancing.  Nick and Lauren (but especially Nick) were wound like tops!  And Jay was just happy that I took pictures (for once) so he could prove to his friends on Monday (when he goes back to school) that he really was in a limo.  Ha!  Thank you mom for your generous gift.  It really was fun spending time together as an extended family.  
Here's Jay's "proof" picture that he did get a limo ride.  
Bottoms up.  Ha!
Sweet Luke. 
Silly with dad.


Nana being trampled by all her grandkids minus Luke.  
On Saturday we went to Jay's basketball game.  Nick loves B. - He's a freshman and has the patience of a saint.  Nick climbs him like a monkey and B. just laughs!
My friend, Laura, came up with a fabulous idea to collect socks and donate them to a nursing home (my dad's nursing home).  We spent the last 3 weeks collecting socks and started planning our event.  I am happy to report we were able to collect 135 socks so every resident in my dad's nursing home will get a new pair of socks.  Last night we made the big delivery and we sang for the residents.  As you can imagine the seniors loved it.  The kids were adorable.  The picture above is of my dad with the boys.  I have to comment on the plate my dad is holding.  Nick painted this at a pottery store and he was so proud of it, he had to show it off to Grandpa Brad. 
My friend, Laura, convinced Nick to dress like Santa and boy did he play the role well!
Santa and his elves. 
All of the kids and adults singing.  We even got my dad to participate!  Notice my husband in the way back (far left).  He didn't sing but he was a trooper anyway.  
My favorite picture.  We sang in 3 different parts of the nursing home and after we would sing Nick would walk up to a few of the residents and ask them if they had been naughty or nice.  The picture above is him doing just that.  The senior lady got such a kick out of it.
All in all the evening was a success and I'm so glad we did it.  I'm so thankful for a friend like Laura who suggested it and got the ball rolling.  It was a good thing to do and a good example for the kids.  When we got in the car afterwards even Jay said it was fun!  Music to my ears.

No comments: