Thursday, December 22, 2011

Counting of the packages

As Jay has gotten older his tastes have changed and he likes the more expensive - electronic - games.  I started "planting the seed" last Christmas that he may not have as many presents as his brother because his gifts cost more BUT I always make sure he understands I have spent the same amount of money.  This year he asked for an I-Pod Touch so I again went through the same song and dance with him.  He's never bratty about it and always shakes his head in understanding.  But seriously, who am I kidding?  I could not stand it if Jay had 3 gifts but his brother had 6!  This morning I got the gitfs out and counted them and Nick is short by one present.  So, I put my husband on a mission to find that last minute gift for Nick today.  Heaven forbid if Jay has one more gift than Nick.  Mike was happy to oblige but I was speaking to an attorney I work with today over the phone and he asked me "What is it with women and counting the packages to make sure everything is even?"  My simple response was, "I'm a mom."  No Mother Bear wants any of her cubs to feel "jipped" on Christmas morning!

No comments: