Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ice Skating

My sister came up with the idea to take the kids ice skating but she thought it was something she could do with the 3 "big" kids by herself.  I gently told her that Nick wasn't that great of a skater and was she sure she didn't want me to come along?  After some thought she agreed she needed me to tag along and we were both so glad I came along.  She was glad because having another adult was a good thing and I was glad I came because we had a blast!  Jay is a good skater but Nick and Lauren, not so much.  I skated with Nick and Kim and her good friend, Molly, skated with Lauren.  It was so fun ice skating while listening to Christmas music and seeing your children with big smiles because they were enjoying themselves.
Nick trying out skating.  He held onto the wall for quite awhile but laer went out in the middle of the rink and you'll see how that turned out in another picture.
Jay is a decent skater.  He loves to skate and then he purposely falls - like he's sliding into first base.  Crazy but he loves it.  He had major ice burn on his legs the next day. 
Nick ventured out to the middle of the rink and crashed - bad.  He went head first into one of those orange cones and hit his lip.  His lip started bleeding so we took a quick rest.  I wish he was looking at the camera but he was having none of that.  Mostly his pride was wounded.  He did get right up and continued to skate.  A bloody lip wasn't going to keep him down.
The ice skating crew (minus me).  My sister and Molly are in the back.  We had a good time.  My sister suggested we make it a yearly tradition and I'm all over that.

No comments: