Monday, December 19, 2011

It's all in how you look at it

Today is Mike's 39th birthday.  As I was cutting his cake (that I actually made for him instead of buying it) I was reflecting on what a nice December we've had.  Sure we've had the normal stresses that everyone has.  We've run from one basketball game to the next.  We've dealt with two boys who are full of the dickens (one more than the other these days NICK).  Just tonight as we were finishing up a very nice dinner with good food and good conversation I hear Nick in the bathroom yelling for toliet paper.  Mike and I had our hands full clearing the dinner table so we asked Jay to "deliver the goods."  That was our first mistake.  The yelling from Nick gets a little more frantic and all we could hear from Jay was laughing - another bad sign.  I sent Mike up to see what as going on, at which point I hear Mike asking, "Why is there poop on the bathroom floor?'  And I'll stop my story right there.  But you see, this is typical in my house.  Things can be going perfectly smoothly and then BOOM...........we have some kind of boy related escapade to take care of.  But it's all in how you look at it.  The way I see it is we've had a lot of family time this December and a lot of time in my Ford Focus which honestly isn't really a good thing.  Let's just say the boys are crammed together in the back seat of a very small car.  If you think poop on the bathroom floor is bad, try traveling back and forth with them to out of town basketball games.  But no one has been sick which is wonderful.  The weather has been unbelievable mild for December.  No one has died or been diagnosed with a major illness and no babies have been born prematurely - something that was on our mind last year and how can we forget Dec. 3, 2007 when my 2 lbs niece, Lauren, was born.  So although this blog was meant to be funny, I am completely serious when I write I am truly blessed this December and Happy Birthday Mike!  You may think you look younger than me but you don't and just remember you'll always be 18 months older - hee, hee.

No comments: