Monday, December 26, 2011

Gingerbread House Giggles

This week I'll be posting pictures from our fun events we did the week of Christmas.  We really did have a lot of fun with family.  The first event took place on Thursday, Dec. 22.  Let me provide you with how this came about.  My mom bought the gingerbread kit but she wasn't able to make it with us as she was attending to my grandmother.  My sister might have said a few curse words once she opened the kit and realized she had to make the frosting and neither of us really felt confident enough to construct the house.  As you can tell neither one of us are a Martha Stewart.  Mike and Jay set out to construct the house and then Jay was off in a flash.  It was "cool" for a 4th grade boy to construct the house but not decorate it. 
Mike being the good sport that he is helped Jay with the construction of the house.  He also helped make the frosting the right consistency.  We got desperate and added flour.  Nick and Lauren waited patiently because they were going to decorate it.
Even Lukie joined in on the fun.  He mostly wanted to pull up on the table and grab whatever was in sight.
                                            The end result.  It wasn't perfect but like my mom and I always say, "Good Enough."

No comments: