Thursday, December 8, 2011

Peace & crazy

What a week!  I had every intention of slowing down this December but so far that hasn't happened.  However, there are still two more weeks until Christmas and I plan on enjoying them.  I had a moment this week where I had such peace.  It lasted for just a second but it was just what I needed.  It was in the very early morning hours.  The boys were still sleeping and I had gone down in my office to get a start on my workload.  This is typical for me and part of my daily routine.  I had my cup of coffee with me and I dimmed the lights in my office.  I flipped on my stereo and Nat King Cole was singing, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas."  I love that I can get up the morning, sit in my quiet office with my coffee and have complete quiet except for the music which I love.  It's so peaceful.  It's a really good way to start my day. 
Nick has had another challenging week at school.  I'm really hoping he cleans up his act and those are his words, not mine.  Nick has the best personality but can be such a stinker and he's certainly testing the waters.  He had an incident at school today which landed him a visit with the prinicipal (Yes, now I can officially say both my children have been to the principal during their kindergarten year).  This incident involved another child.  My mom just so happened to have volunteered in Nick's classroom yesterday.  I was telling her what happened today and before I had a chance to tell her what child was involved she guessed who it was.  I was surprised.  She wasn't.  God bless my mother.  My mom was a teacher for 25-some years and she knew immediately which child Nick was having a problem with from the 2 hours she spent in the classroom.  It certainly didn't excuse Nick's behavior but my mood softened.  He broke down in tears after school.  It was hard to stay angry with him for too long especially once I learned what my mom's observations were.  There is so much more I could write tonight but for now I'm gonna call it a night.  I need to get my rest - who knows what tomorrow will bring.  With my boys, one never knows. 

No comments: