Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Good Times"

When the boys were really small I remember thinking that when they got a little older things would certainly get easier and I wouldn't be so exhausted.  Now that they are older and in school full time all I can say is things haven't gotten easier - the problems have gotten bigger and it can get exhausting but in a different way.  I'm not as physically drained - just mentally drained.  Ha!  For example today I dealt with a child who got their feelings hurt at school, another child who made up stories to his teachers and got a note sent home from school which required a conversation about telling the truth and apology letters to his teacher.  The boys also thought wresting with their Nerf guns was a good idea until Nick got hit in the head and got a big goose egg.  I sent Nick to his room for back talk and heard him crying in his room.  When I went to talk to him I asked him why he was crying.  He couldn't even control himself through his tears.  Finally, through all his tears, he said, "I just know Jay and I are on Santa's bad list."  I wanted to reply with........"Ya think?"  But I restrained myself.  Instead I bit my lip and told him he still had a lot of time to get on the good list.  I really need to get The Elf on a Shelf!

No comments: