Thursday, January 8, 2015

13 stories/memories of Jay

 As I approach Jay's 13th birthday I thought it would be fun to reflect on my memories of him.  His birthday is less than 13 days away so some days I'll have to post more than one story.  My first story isn't so much a story but a reflection of feet.  The picture above was taken of Jay in the hospital, all 5 lbs of him but look at those feet.  When I was pregnant with Jay, I often times could see his feet move across my belly.  It should have been my first clue how big his feet would become.  Even at birth, they looked unusually large. 
Today, Jay wears a mens size 12.  His cowboy boots that he got for his birthday (an early birthday present) demonstrate how big his feet actually are.  His feet are growing at a speed faster than light itself.  He was wearing a size 11 for basketball and those shoes were purchased only 8 weeks ago.  It remains to be seen how big his feet actually will be.  My wallet feels every growth spurt.  Ha. 

No comments: