Friday, January 16, 2015

Story # 5

 So here it is, Jay's 13th birthday and I still have four stories left but as my mother always says, "Good enough."  I may have bitten off more than I could chew with 13 stories.  Ha.  Plus my creative juices have not been flowing lately so these blog posts have not been as fun and creative as I intended them to be.  So this will be the last of the "stories."  All of the pictures in this blog were taken when Jay was 18 mos - 2 years old.  However, he was four in the last picture. 
 Even though Jay is turning 13 today I still see his cute toddler face smile, just with bigger teeth.  Ha. 
 As I reflect on his birthday today I am very proud of the young man he's turning into (more on that later).  While it is true that as I look at these pictures I remember the absolute exhaustion that encompassed my life at that time.  Jay was a demanding baby and toddler and he never sat still for a moment - probably my first indicator of ADD.  Ha.  But now that he's in middle school, I gotta say, he's fairly easy and trust me, easy is not a word I thought I'd ever describe in raising either of my children. 
 Love, love, love this picture.  Jay's daycare provider, Heather Jones, took this picture in her back yard. 
Jay's pre school picture.  This is the smile I wrote about that I still see but yes, the teeth are much, much bigger.  Keep smiling, Jay.  We love you, are proud of you and can't imagine our lives without you in it. 

No comments: