Friday, January 9, 2015

Story # 12

This picture was taken in June 2008.  It's one of my all time favorite pictures.  Jay was 6 and had just started losing teeth.  When he lost his first tooth I had a conversation about the tooth fairy with him that went like this:
Jay: "Mom, how do I know you and dad didn't leave the money under my pillow?"
Me: "The tooth fairy is just magic, Jay." (That's me, short and simple and good enough)
Jay: "But how does the tooth fairy know I lost a tooth?"
Me: "The tooth fairy has 'helpers' who watch kids around your age very closely and then they report back to the tooth fairy so she knows which kids have lost teeth so she can give them money."
Jay: "Oh yeah I've seen those helpers, they wear camouflage!"

Jay was (and is) 6 years beautiful!  Adorable and his grin was even sweeter.



No comments: