Monday, January 26, 2015

Fire tornados

This morning I was driving the boys to school.  I dropped Jay at the middle school and Nick and I were en route to the elementary school.  The sweet, innocent stories that came from Nick's mind which then came right out of his mouth are numbered now as he's not a little kid anymore, he's almost 9.  But this morning I got a small reminder that he's still little and I got to enjoy one of "those stories." 
Nick: "Mom, what do you think is worse, a fire tornado or a regular tornado?"
Me: "Nick, I don't know what a fire tornado is.  I've never heard of it but I guess if you're asking me, I would assume a fire tornado is worse than a regular tornado."
Nick: "What do you mean you don't know what a fire tornado is?  They talk about it in the Bible."
Me: "Nick, I think you are referring to Moses and the burning bush!!"
Nick: "Oh yeah, that's it, the burning bush.  I was confused."

Nick and I enjoyed a huge belly laugh together on our drive.  If only every Monday morning could start with that much laughter and innocence. 

No comments: