Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Story # 8

Jay is three in this picture.  If I remember right he had a stash of chocolate in his pocket and decided to eat it on the way home from daycare.  Jay loves sweets.  He comes by this naturally.  My mom's family, the Schmidt's, love sweets and ice cream and Jay's Grandpa Siebert LOVES sweets.  However, there is a catch to Jay's love of sweets, he barfs.  Yep, he barfs if he eats too much junk/sweets.  He's done it since he was a baby.  If I fed him a bottle and if he would eat it too quickly, he would projectile vomit.  When he was a toddler and in early elementary school he would go out on the boat with his grandparents and eat too many Chee too's and always come home and vomit.  It was a vicious cycle.  Now at almost 13, it is not uncommon to find Jay sprawled out on a towel in front of the toilet after indulging in too many sweets.  I try to warn him but now I think he just has to learn the hard way.  He knows this about himself but he's a gluten for punishment.  I am constantly finding wrappers in his backpack, his room, you name it.  The ironic part is, the kid doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body.  I remember this summer when he went on his mission trip he was really nervous about throwing up.  Let's just say that when Jay travels, he takes pepto with him. 

No comments: