Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fridgid

Well go figure, the boys just got back to school and today the darlings are enjoying their first "snow" day of the school year.  Although the snow isn't the problem, it's the temperature.  It's well below zero this morning and I believe the high is only supposed to be -3.  Brrrr!  The point of my blog isn't to complain about the cold or even the boys being home from school, after a two week break, it's to express my thankfulness for my job.  As I write this morning I'm still in my jammies.  I've had my coffee.  I've prayed and I'm watching the news.  I am not stressing over what the boys are doing today.  I have a lot of work ahead of me today but because I work from home, I can get it completed at my own pace and I'm so thankful for that.  I'm often asked if I wish I was given my work from home opportunity when the boys were babies and my answer is always, No.  I had to experience what it was like to wake my babies up in the dead of winter, snuggly in their beds, rosy cheeks and all and take them out in the cold to daycare.  I had to know what it was like to want to stay home with them when they were sick (and many, many times I did) but because I had an important meeting that day I had to take them to Nana or grandma's house (to get all the love and care they deserved).  I had to experience the stress of a 60 minute commute, juggling my family affairs and my full time job in order to truly appreciate the opportunity I was presented with in 2011.  God's hand was involved in all of it.  I was at such peace with the decision then as I am now.  I doubt my boys will ever truly appreciate the gift they were given (I'm just saying, they are boys) but I'm truly thankful for quieter mornings, staying in on bitter cold days and being a constant presence for the boys here at home.  Let's just say it will be challenging for the boys to get into too much trouble (at home) as they age.  Momma eyes are always watching. 

No comments: