Monday, January 19, 2015

Jay's par-tee

 My boys get a "kid" birthday party on their even numbered birthdays but I thought 13 was kind of special so I told Jay he could have a party this year but I also made it clear that this is basically his last kid birthday party.  I have to say that boys are relatively low maintenance.  Jay wanted to have his friends over to play air soft.  I don't know what it is about air soft but boys LOVE it.  Jay had 8 boys over.  With Jay and Nick, it was a group of 10.  You never know how the weather will be in January.  I told Jay we had to wait for a day when it wasn't crazy cold and no snow.  That kind of day just happened to fall over his birthday weekend and there were no basketball games or baseball practice (for the other boys in the group who play baseball). 
  
Nick takes air soft seriously & once again I go back to what I always say, the boys may be different personality wise but they love the same things.  Nick hung with the 13 year old boys all day and I had no issues.  Nick played with the older boys like he was part of their group and to Jay's credit, he never complained about having his little brother play with them.  I did joke with Mike that after Jay's party we only have 3 more "kid" parties left and they are all for Nick.

No comments: