Saturday, January 31, 2015

A really big deal

I have to give a huge shout out to Jay this week.  As he wrapped up his week he got 2 A's and 1 B on tests this week.  Good grades while managing basketball practice and small group.  The picture is hard to see but he got an A on his science test, an A on his social studies test and a B on his math test.  I looked at his math test and it was like trying to figure out a foreign language.  I couldn't have passed a test like that in 7th grade, let alone now as a 40 year old adult.  I'm just saying.  Mike, Jay and I (especially Mike and Jay) put a lot of hard work in during elementary school.  There were a lot of tears, a lot of frustration and a lot of confidence issues.  Jay will always have dyslexia, dysgraphia and ADD but with growth an maturity, he has learned what techniques work best for him to learn and he's finally figured out he's one smart boy! 

No comments: