Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 12 & 13 - what really matters

Yesterday at the end of my work day Nick and I got out to take a walk.  He picked me some flowers and we chatted.  It was lovely.  When we got home he made a fire and I made us cocktails (Nick's was a kiddie cocktail).  When I asked Nick if he wanted me to read mine and Kim's book out loud to him, he readily agreed.  This is something I never would have suggested because I hate reading out loud and I certainly would have been too busy to do so but these days I have nothing but time.  I am happy to report as of today we are five chapters in and he likes it.  He is apparently surprised to learn it doesn't suck.  

We are expecting terrible weather this afternoon so I ran to the grocery store this morning.  I noticed people aren't in such a hurry.  They are friendlier too.  So many people are just trying to help one another.  Each day that goes by it becomes clear to me that God is in control and He will be victorious in all this.  It probably won't be the time frame I like but that's just human nature.  In two days our 15 days will up and President Trump will have more decisions to make.  I know as far as Illinois goes we have a "shelter in place" order through April 7.  I read something on facebook today so I can't take credit for it but it sure spoke to me in a very simple way.
What the coronavirus is teaching:
-Our best protection: God
-Our best refuge: Home
-Our best company: Family (and in my mom's case, her dog, Walker)
-Our real time:  Today
-Nature's call: Stop Us
-It's message: Wait, Respect

It's like God's way of saying, Stop!  Go back to the basics and remember I am the Great I am.

No comments: