Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 8 & 9; COVID 19

Here we are at day 8 and 9 our "15 days to slow the spread."  President Trump has said at the end of the 15 days a decision will made if we can get "back to business."  I'm seeing a bunch of shenanigan's coming out of Washington but it appears as of this morning (day 9) the stimulus bill will pass, after failing to pass multiple times over the last 48 hours with Dems wanting money for wind mills and $35 million to the Kennedy Center.  I can't make this stuff up.  I could go on and on but all it does is raise my blood pressure.  Yesterday I saw a video of people in Italy singing "How Great Thou Art" from their quarantined apartment windows.  Another video surfaced out of Brazil of folks singing worship songs also.  God is at work.  There is no doubt in my mind.  He took everything we "worship" so we could be still during this time.  As Americans patience is not something we are good at.  A prime example is my husband.  Mike made me laugh last night by acknowledging God is at work but if only He could work faster.  Such a human response.  I have prayed and am praying for an awakening for America and that doesn't exclude myself.  I'm praying God can reveal to me what I'm supposed to learn during this time.  I am thankful Mike and I are still working.  I am thankful we are well thus far.  Jay is also working at an "essential" store so although it makes me nervous I am thankful he has a job right now.  Nick is doing pretty well also.  He's bored but once the weather warms up he can fish and fishing makes everything better in Nick's world.  My mom is well and once again Kim and I are so thankful we agreed to let mom get her dog last March.  This entire "self isolate" thing would be so difficult for mom if she didn't have Walker.  Today is a new day and I am reminded of what God has taught me over the last four years; I know nothing.  Really, I know nothing.  It's simple but true.  It's not my job to figure this out.  I rest in knowing He will work this out for my good and my country's well being but most importantly for His glory!

No comments: