Tuesday, March 10, 2020

My girls weekend

This past weekend Sarah and I went to Texas to spend the weekend with our girl, Jenny.  However, we had a few hiccups before we arrived.  I have decided I have the worst luck with flights.  My mom was supposed to make this trip with us.  We were all set to go for a Friday afternoon flight that ended up being cancelled.  After waiting at the airport for several hours we learned the flight was cancelled and we went to moms to spend the night.  We booked another flight for the crack of dawn of Saturday and mom decided that morning flight was more than she took take and opted out.  Sarah and I got up super early, got dressed and headed to the airport only to learn that yet again our flight was cancelled.  I can't make this stuff up.  We got on the horn with American and while I was driving we booked another flight out of another town and drove like middle aged women, desperate to see our girl, to the next airport and made our flight.  It was clearly a God thing!  Jenny really needed us this weekend, as much as we needed her.  Jenny had to put her sweet dog to sleep last weekend and Mike and Curt had left on a missions trip.  The thought of Jenny spending the weekend by herself was more than we could take.  We are so thankful we got to see her and spend time together.  We are incredibly blessed to have this beautiful friendship among the three of us.
This was Friday night after our failed flight. Mom loved having Sarah and I spend the night.  Mom was truly missed this weekend but she did make the right decision.  There is this virus going around (Coronavirus) which people are making a big damn deal about and trust me it's not but for someone like mom who has somewhat of a compromised immune system it would have been a big weekend for her with unnecessary risk.  I did get a full refund mom's flight and will take her back in the fall.

No comments: